Minnesota Umbrella Insurance
Since 1998, Van Curler Insurance Group has been helping Minnesota residents find quality umbrella insurance and reasonable premiums. We’re an independent agency, so we can retrieve quotes from over a dozen highly rated insurance companies, and if you need to make a change in the future, you can switch insurance companies but keep us as your agent. If you have any questions, contact us.
Umbrella Insurance Coverage
- Auto liability Covers auto liability claims that exceed the limits of your auto insurance policy.
- Personal liability Covers personal liability claims that exceed the limits of your homeowners insurance policy.
- Watercraft liability Covers watercraft liability claims that exceed the limits of your boat insurance policy.
- Uninsured/underinsured Covers um/uim claims that exceed the limits of your auto policy.
- Worldwide coverage Covers accidents and exposures even while you’re traveling abroad.
Continue your research with what is an umbrella liability policy, provided by the Insurance Information Institute.
Common Umbrella Insurance Questions
An umbrella policy adds additional liability coverage above and beyond your other insurance policies, like auto or home insurance. Best of all, one umbrella policy extends coverage on multiple underlying policies. If, for example, you’re responsible for an auto accident that causes $750,000 of bodily injury damage and your auto coverage limits are only $500,000, an umbrella could kick in to cover the additional $250,000. If you didn’t have an umbrella in the previous example, you’d be responsible for paying the $250,000 out of pocket.
Most umbrella policies won’t take effect until a certain claim amount has been reached, such as $500,000. For that reason, most insurance companies require you to carry that amount of coverage on your underlying policies. For example, you’d need to have a liability limit of $500,000 on your auto insurance in order to purchase an umbrella policy. This ensures you don’t have a coverage gap between the limit of your auto policy (or other underlying policy) and the start of your umbrella policy coverage.
Free Insurance Quotes
Get free, no-obligation quotes from a variety of highly rated insurance companies.