Minnesota Boat Insurance
Since 1998, Van Curler Insurance Group has been helping Minnesota residents find quality boat insurance and reasonable premiums. We’re an independent agency, so we can retrieve quotes from over a dozen highly rated insurance companies, and if you need to make a change in the future, you can switch insurance companies but keep us as your agent. If you have any questions, contact us.
Boat Insurance Coverage
- Watercraft liability Covers property damage and bodily injury you cause to others with your watercraft.
- Collision Covers damage to your boat caused by a collision with an object or another boat.
- Comprehensive Covers damage to your boat caused by something other than a collision.
- Uninsured/underinsured Covers bodily injury you sustain in an accident with a boater that has too little or no insurance.
- Medical payments Covers medical expenses for you and injured guests, without regard to fault.
- Wreck removal Covers the cost to remove your sunken boat, when required by law.
- On-water towing Covers towing your boat back to shore, if it becomes disabled.
Continue your research with boat insurance and safety provided by the Insurance Information Institute.
Common Boat Insurance Questions
If your boat is stolen, it may or may not be covered, depending on your policy. Theft is covered under comprehensive, which is an optional coverage that isn’t included on all policies. If personal items, fishing equipment, or other property are stolen from your boat, they may be covered under separate policy coverage. You’d need to review your policy or contact your agent to know for sure.
There is no law in MN requiring watercraft insurance but you may be required under a contract, such as if you have a loan on the boat or if you store it in a marina. Even if you aren’t required to carry coverage, it’s important to consider, especially if your boat reaches medium to high speeds as it can easily cause damage and/or bodily injury for which you’ll be required to pay.
Free Insurance Quotes
Get free, no-obligation quotes from a variety of highly rated insurance companies.